The next Partnership for Health Literacy in Arkansas meeting will be Friday, August 15 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Arkansas Department of Health Auditorium in the Markham Street office. See the calendar.
Our theme for this meeting is Health Literacy in the Community. Kelly Bullington, Program Coordinator for Literacy Action of Central Arkansas, will present information about the issues facing low literacy adults in our state. Literacy can mean the difference between a life well lived and a life of hardship. Unfortunately, more than 30,000 adults in Central Arkansas read at or below basic level. Literacy Action of Central Arkansas, along with other literacy councils throughout the state, seek to improve literacy levels in order to help people successfully function within communities by improving their ability to find and retain family-supporting jobs, engage in family literacy activities, and make informed decisions that will ensure healthy lives.
Video teleconferencing is available. If you are interested, please contact Meg Mirivel at [email protected] Below is the agenda for the meeting, as well as handouts that the speaker will use.
PHLA Partnership Meeting Agenda 08-15-14
Approaching Adults With Low Reading level
AG Learning to Read
Test of Basic Skills
Basic Facts About Literacy Final
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
July 18, 2014
Arkansas Department of Health
This meeting will feature a training on “Tools for Improving Medication Adherence” presented by Seth Heldenbrand, Pharm. D., faculty in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
PHLA Partnership Meeting Agenda 07-18-14
The Partnership for Health Literacy in Arkansas
State Plan and Annual Business Meeting
Freeway Medical Tower, Room 906
5800 W. Tenth Street, Little Rock, AR 72204
Friday, June 21, 2013, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
1. Welcome and Introductions (including introduction of Steering Committee)
2. Overview of Health Literacy in Arkansas (RAND analysis & data)
3. Overview of 2012-2013 activities (Workgroup Reports)
4. Presentation of Key Partner Award
5. Review of actions taken at 2012 Annual Business Meeting
6. Election of Officers – Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary/Treasurer
7. Feedback on proposed logo
8. PHLA Website & Facebook page
9. Arkansas Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy (See the draft)
10. Plans for Mid-Winter Conference, January 2014
11. Plans for APHA Annual Conference, May 2014
12. Wrap up